13 - JANUARY 2015 BIRD SIGHTINGS (ANGUS)

Past Bird & Wildlife Sightings Are Posted Here!

Moderator: Mark Caunt

Mickey Mellon

Re: JANUARY 2015 ANGUS BIRD SIGHTINGS

Post by Mickey Mellon »

25/01/2015 St.Vigeans NT Trail. Dippers, Chaffinch, Collared Dove, Ferel Pidgeons, Great tit, Blue tit, Woodies, Jackdaws, Black Birds, Widgeon, Wren,ds, Curlews, Pinkies, Herring Gulls, Teal, Starling, Moorhens, Song Thrush, Goldcrest, Buzzard, Grey Heron , Black headed Gulls.
simonbusuttil

red kites

Post by simonbusuttil »

23 in Angus airspace this evening
Alex Shepherd

Bramblings, Monikie

Post by Alex Shepherd »

At least three Bramblings with Chaffinches in the woods area beside the Rangers Office on the way to the piers on the North Pond today at around 1300. Last seen feeding on beech mast on the bank of the first small ditch, I'll post a video on my youtube later once edited.
gus guthrie

Post by gus guthrie »

flock of c. 50 Fieldfare at Castleton of Eassie this afternoon feeding in a stubble field, also 2 Skylarks and a Grey Wagtail
Alex Shepherd

Backwater to the Basin

Post by Alex Shepherd »

Tuesday 27th January 2015 - 0900 to 1545

Backwater Dam, 8 Black Grouse, 2 Raven, 2 Buzzard, 1 Kestrel, 14 Teal, 90 Starling, 1 Fieldfare and 4 Crossbill.

Lintrathen, Whoopers, Teal, Wigeon, Mallard, Tufties, Goldeneye and Goosander.

Purgavie, 12 Mistle Thrush.

Kinnordy, usual birds and 1 Barn Owl peering from its box, first time I've seen it for ages. 3 Fieldfares and 2 Redwing from the road at West Lochside (Kingoldrum Road).

Glen Lethnot at Burnfoot 1 Red Kite, at Blairno 1 Hooded Crow (fled with Crows when I opened the car window) and 4 Red Grouse further up.

Lurgies, Little Egret in burn and a Kingfisher flew through the video as I filmed the Egret!
Bob McCurley

Jan 29rth BRAMBLING AT MONIKIE

Post by Bob McCurley »

JAN 29TH 11-30AM MONIKIE COUNTRY PARK - BRAMBLING 2 IN TALL TREES JUST PAST THE DITCH ON LEFT HAND SIDE AFTER CROSSING THE SMALL BRIDGE ON WAY TO NORTH POND

My first of the year , have found them elusive this year so far .
Alex Shepherd

Waxwings at Longforgan

Post by Alex Shepherd »

Two Waxwings reported on Birdguides were still at the roundabout at the west end of Longforgan at 1350 today, 29/1/2015. Best viewed from a small paddock in Smiths Court but the berries they were feeding on are getting sparse so they might move soon. Posted here as it's so close to Dundee.

Dundee City Quay, Red-throated Diver, 3 Little Grebe and 1 juvenile Long-tailed Duck.

Carnoustie House Grounds Park/Woodlands School, 3 Stock Doves again today, they've been around a week now.
Nicola Main

R.E Stock Doves in Carnoustie

Post by Nicola Main »

Alex, I've seen Stock Doves regularly up in the woods beside Shanwell Cemetery and Carnoustie High School. Out of curiosity is it unusual for them to be in a town park?
richardblackburn

Post by richardblackburn »

30th Jan

City Quay, Dundee
Red throated diver, long tailed duck and 3 little grebes all in the dock area without the unicorn. Also, pied wagtails, 2 grey heron, robin, blackbirds, oystercatchers, cormorants and herring gulls.

East end of Broughtyferry Esplanade
2 sanderling, 16 ringed plovers and 80 dunlin roosting on the beach. Also, turnstones, redshanks, herring and black headed gulls. Further east could be seen eider and oystercatchers too.

Balgavies loch
Brief visit but water rail and 2xmoorhen under feeders. Planty of chaffinches, blue/great/coal tits. Robin too. Tufted ducks, greylag geese and mallards on the water. A couple of grey heron too.
gus guthrie

Post by gus guthrie »

Fishtown of Usan. 9.00 - 12.00

4 Little Auks south,( 3 together and a single bird later) another Little Auk landed out past the buoys later in morning.
3 Great Northern Divers south.
1 Black-throated Diver south.
50+ Red-throated Divers south.
Juv. Pomarine Skua north
7 Purple Sandpipers on rocks.
also plenty other bird movement;
Kittiewake, Guillemot, Common Scoter, Velvet Scoter, Gannet, Fulmar
Mickey Mellon

Post by Mickey Mellon »

1st Feb Elliot 1030 11 Snipe, 2 Jack Snipe, Male Stonechat, single Moorhen, pair of Mute Swans.